Sat April 1st @ 11:00 am- 12:30 pm
Sat April 1st @ 13:30 pm- 15:00 pm
Sat April 29th @ 11:00 am- 12:30 pm
Sat May 13th @ 11:00 am- 12:30 pm
Sat May 13th @ 13:30 pm- 15:00 pm
Thu May 18th @ 11:00 am- 12:30 pm
$25.00 – $45.00
Robin Boyd is arguably the most influential architect there has been in Australia. Boyd was a renowned Victorian architect, author, critic, and public educator in the 50s and 60s, a leader in Melbourne’s Modern Architecture movement, a visionary in urban design, and outspoken on the ‘Australian Identity’.
Experience ‘Walsh Street’, the house Boyd designed for his own family in 1957, and his most well-known work. It has been extensively published both nationally and internationally as an exemplar of modernist Australian architecture and a house that continues to influence architectural thinking. It is now the home of the Robin Boyd Foundation.
Our Walsh Street Guided Tours provide unparalleled insight into Robin Boyd – from his family background, influences, the design of the house, his critical works and lasting legacy. Our guests are then welcome to roam Walsh Street and enjoy the truly unique experience.
The iconic residence at 290 Walsh Street that Boyd designed for his family in 1957 is an exemplar of Australian modernist architecture. As one of Australia’s foremost mid-century architects and innovators, Boyd continues to have a meaningful influence on design thinking today.
We offer discounted tickets to Friends and Boyd Circle members of the Robin Boyd Foundation. If you would like to support the Foundation as a member, please click here to join.
Prior to your visit, please note:
- Attendees must be 16 years and over.
- No external food or drink should be brought into the house.
- Large bags and backpacks will need to be checked in at entry.
- Stiletto heels cannot be worn in the house due to our cork flooring.
- Masks are recommended inside the house when not eating or drinking.
- If you experience Covid symptoms or test positive Covid prior to the tour, contact us at email@example.com.