Agnes Walsh House
Agnes Walsh House (Q Block), designed by the Public Works Department under the stewardship of Len Green, is a particularly fine example of Post War International style architecture, and was recognized in its day as such with an award of the Royal Australian Institute of Architects bronze medal for architecture.
Architect: Public Works Department (Western Australia) Perth
other/former name Agnes Walsh Nurses Home
date of commission 1947
date of completion 1953
listing/protection State Register of Heritage;
Places Permanent Entry (20/12/2002);
City of Subiaco Municipal Inventory (28/02/1995);
Register of the National Estate (18/04/1989);
RAIA Survey of 20th Century Architecture (01/03/1988).
current use Hospital – Maternitycurrent condition Altered
address 374 Bagot Road, 6008 Subiacogps 31º 56′ 58.92” S/115º 49′ 8.04” E
gps 31º 56′ 58.92” S/115º 49′ 8.04” E
Submitted by Katrina Chisholm in 2012, Docomomo Australia