Thu September 21st @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm AEST
$20.00 – $30.00
Whilst this event has sold out, please contact us via email to be on the waitlist!
Le Corbusier believed that our response to colour is instinctive, colours could affect moods and give different impressions. He was an excellent painter as well as an architect who believed colour is central to human experiences. His approach to colour can be seen in the designs of Villa Savoye 1928-31, Citre radieuse 1947-53, Unite d’Habitation, 1945 and Chandigarh High Court 1955.
Rachel Lacy joins us in presenting Le Corbusier & Colour as she talks about Le Corbusier’s approach to ‘polychromie architecturale’, in which designs are conceived in colour from the beginning, as an integral part of the architecture.
Rachel Lacy has worked with the Fondation Le Corbusier and a Swiss paint manufacturer in 2000 on the first contemporary version of Le Corbusier’s Les claviers de couleurs. Before working for Taubmans, worked with Les Couleurs Le Corbusier, exclusive world-wide licensing rights for the Le Corbusier colours. Produced Le Corbusier’s Colour Keyboards under license, colours made with the same traditional pigments Le Corbusier used. She has lectured in the US, New Zealand and Australia on Le Corbusier’s colour theory.
- Attendees must be 16 years and over.
- No external food or drink permitted.
- Large bags and backpacks will need to be checked in at entry.
- Stiletto or pointed heels are not permitted due to our cork flooring.
- Tickets are refundable up to 72 hours prior to tour.
- Tickets can be exchanged, as long as purchaser advises us of the attendee name.