Our Heritage Talks are an exciting opportunity for you to connect with State Library’s rich collections by listening to experts talk on specific topics, followed by an exclusive collection experience.
Our final Heritage talk for 2022 will focus on an incredibly significant collection generously donated to State Library by renowned photographer Richard Stringer. Covering 55 years, The Richard Stringer Architectural Photography Archive (1967-2021) is an extraordinary documentary record of Queensland’s built heritage during a period of great change.
Richard Stringer: photography, architecture and the archive features talks by
- Cathy Schusler, a photographer with wide-ranging experience including architectural photography
- Adjunct Professor Don Watson who is an architect, architectural historian and recipient of The Australian Institute of Architects’ prestigious Gold Medal in 2021
- Gavin Bannerman, Director of Queensland Memory at State Library and responsible for building the heritage collections that will be important to future generations of Queenslanders.
The talks will be followed by a White Gloves Experience offering an exclusive preview of the Richard Stringer Architectural Photography Archive, led by State Library of Queensland Librarian Heidi Stevens who has expert knowledge of this collection.
Date: Thursday, 1 December 2022.
Time: 10.30am – 12noon.
- 10:30am – 11:30am – Talks
- 11:30am – 12:30pm – White Gloves Experience
Where: slq Auditorium 2, Level 2 and White Gloves Room, Level 4, State Library of Queensland.
Subscribe to be the first to know about our future events.
Please consult our conditions of entry before making your booking.