Early registration at 16th International Docomomo Conference 2020
Deadline: 28th February 2020
Docomomo International and Docomomo Japan informs that early registration for the 16th International Docomomo Conference is open at https://docomomo2020.com/.
We are looking forward to see you all in the Ueno Park area, in Tokyo, Japan, from 10th to the 14th September 2020, under the theme “Inheritable Resilience: Sharing Values of Global Modernities”!
Inheritable Resilience: Sharing Values of Global Modernities
Today, not only in Europe, but in Japan, South America, Africa and throughout the world, the architectural cultural heritage that we call the “Modern Movement” (MoMo) has been exposed to the major force of conscious/unconscious destructions.
We can trace the causes to three reasons:
1.Popular Ignorance regarding the MoMo
2.Self-Vulnerability of MoMo
3.Skepticism towards MoMo ideology
Hence why, we are embarking on a mission to mitigate these three
elements of threat which are endangering the MoMo. We are calling for,
not only, those experts who are directly and indirectly connected to the
movement, but all the people interested in the protection of the MoMo
in a renewed future, to come together to offer knowledge and experience.
There are also three types of knowledge that we must collect from the
From the experts:
1. Knowledge of relativization and reinterpretation;
2. Technology, methodology and policy to revitalize the value and the vitality of the MoMo.
And from the adults gathered around the experts and the children who will carry our world towards the future:
3. Knowledge of education and enlightenment.
1. Space of Sports
2. Urban Landscape
3. Modern Housing
4. Technological/Material Legacies
5. Regional Timber Structures
6. Pedagogies of Docomomo
7. Documentation and Dissemination
8. Global / Local Modernitites
9. Metabolism Reconsidered
10. Designing Daily Life
11. Le Corbusier and the Question of Cultural Heritage
The conference will be in the Ueno Cultural District, at
– Tokyo Cultural Hall designed by Kunio Maekawa;
– National Museum of Western Art designed by Le Corbusier;
– Tokyo University of Art and Tokyo National Research Institute for Cultural Properties.
Please go to the website to find more info: http://www.docomomo2020.com