On 17-18 October, Australia ICOMOS is holding two all-day symposia back-to-back, along with the Australia ICOMOS Annual General Meeting. The program is as follows:
* Friday 17 October: The Return to a New Age of Activism for Cultural Heritage?
* The Australia ICOMOS AGM will be held after the ‘Activism’ symposium
* Saturday 18 October: Grasping the intangible at heritage places
* The launch of the Intangible Cultural Heritage National Scientific Committee (NSC)
More information on each event is provided below.
Conserving Heritage: Time for a New Age of Activism?
* Friday 17 October, 9.00am-4.00pm (followed by the Australia ICOMOS AGM at 4.30pm)
* Deakin University City Campus 550 Bourke Street, Melbourne
This ‘Activism’ symposium asks whether we need to return to an age of activism to retain and build on what achieved in cultural heritage conservation since the 1970s.
Featuring presentations from successful activists in social media, local government, planning community action, the natural environment and the arts, it will offer us a chance to reflect and look forward.
Download the The Return to a New Age of Activism for Cultural Heritage<https://australia.
Grasping the intangible at heritage places
* Saturday 18th October, 9.00am-5.30pm
* University College
40 College Crescent, Parkville VIC 3052
This Symposium, presented by the Australia ICOMOS National Scientific Committee on Intangible Cultural Heritage (NSC-ICH), will explore the connections between the intangible and the tangible aspects of heritage places and cultural heritage, drawing on a range of case studies.
The symposium will conclude with the launch of the Australia ICOMOS National Scientific Committee on Intangible Cultural Heritage along with some delightful expressions of some cultural intangibles!
* To register for the Conserving Heritage: Time for a New Age of Activism? symposium ONLY – go to https://www.registernow.com.
* To register for the Grasping the intangible at heritage places symposium ONLY – go to https://www.registernow.com.
* To register for the AICOMOS 2 Day Mini Conference, Melbourne (ie. BOTH SYMPOSIA concurrently – go to https://www.registernow.com.