16th International Docomomo Conference
Tokyo, Japan, 2020
The 16th International Docomomo Conference will take place in Tokyo, organized by Docomomo Japan, between the 15th and the 18th September 2020, under the theme “Resilient Inheritability: Sharing Values of Global Modernity”.
Resilient Inheritability – Sharing Values of Global Modernity
Today, not only in Europe, but in Japan, South America, Africa and throughout the world, the architectural cultural heritage that we call the “Modern Movement” (MoMo) has been exposed to the major force of conscious/unconscious destructions.
We can trace the causes to three reasons:
1.Popular Ignorance of the MOMO
2.Self-Vulnerability of MoMo
3.Skepticism towards MoMoIdeology
Hence, we are embarking on a mission to mitigate these three elements of threat which are endangering the MoMo. We are calling for, not only, those experts who are directly and indirectly connected to the movement, but all the people interested in the protection of the MOMO in a renewed future, to come together to offer knowledge and experience. There are, also, three types of knowledge that we must collect from the global community. From the experts:
1. Knowledge of relativizationand reinterpretation;
2. Technology, methodology and policy to revitalize the value and the vitality of the MOMO. And, from the adults gathered around the experts and the children who will carry our world towards the future;
3. Knowledge of education and enlightenment.
1. Celebrating Sports / Lasting Sports
3. Technology and Materials
4. Timber Structure
5. Education and Theory
6. Publication and Documentation
7. City and Landscape
8. Local / Global
9. Metabolism / Re-
10. Design and Furniture
The conference will be in the Ueno Cultural District, at
– Tokyo Cultural Hall designed by Kunio Maekawa;
– National Museum of Western Art designed by Le Corbusier;
– Tokyo University of Art and Tokyo National Research Institute for Cultural Properties.
More info: http://www.docomomo2020.com