Second Round Call for Papers
Docomomo International invites researchers and practitioners involved in the process of preservation, conservation, renovation or transformation of buildings, sites and neighborhoods of the Modern Movement, to investigate on the theme:Inheritable Resilience: Sharing Values of Global Modernities. REAPPLY (Second Round Call for Papers)Due to the pandemic caused by COVID-19, some authors pulled out their papers for the DOCOMOMO 2020+1 conference. The conference secretariat is now accepting reapplication of a few papers for the session 1-12. In addition, we are accepting new application for the new theme called “13. Architecture and Urbanism Under / After COVID-19”Note
- If your paper is already accepted you are not eligible to apply for this round of application.
- If you are accepted for the poster session and already submitted your poster, you are eligible to apply. There is no need for an additional fee.
- If your paper is accepted and would like to publish in the conference proceedings, prospective authors and all co-authors need to register and pay registration fee regardless of conference participation.
- After the paper is accepted, you are not allowed to change authors and co-authors. Please be careful.
Sessions will consist of four papers, followed by 20 minutes for discussion. Each paper should be in English and take no more than 20 minutes to present. Conference papers will be published in the conference Proceedings.
IMPORTANT: About 2020+1
Depending on the COVID-19 situation, the conference can possibly be held as an online conference. If that happens, we will make a decision and announcement 6 months prior to the conference. The proceedings will be published in 2021 even if the conference is held on the online venue. The conference secretariat will issue the certificate of publication for the 2020+1 conference upon request if you have already submitted a full paper and have confirmation. Please ask us to do so via email. (email@example.com）Abstract submission guidelines Once registered, the submission must be done, in English, by filling the following required information:
1. Title (65 characters max) & Abstract (400 words max);
2. Authors information (Name, University/Company/Organization, Country);
3. Biography (200 words max);
4. In the “Topics” section, please select one of the 11 thematic sessions listed in which you wish to present your paper;
5. In the “Additional Info” section, please indicate your phone number and address.
Abstracts should define the subject and summaries the argument to be presented in the proposed paper. The paper’s content should be the product of well-documented original research that is primarily analytical and interpretive rather than descriptive.
Papers may not have been previously published, nor presented in public.
Only one submission per author/co-author will be accepted.
Each speaker is expected to pursue their own institutional or other support to register, and for travel and accommodation.Second Round Call for Paper‘s Schedule
|1 October – 15 November||Second call for papers|
|20 December||Call for paper’s notification of acceptance|
|15 March||Full paper submission deadline (1st version)|
|5 April||Deadline for session chairs to return papers with comments to the speakers|
|20 May||Full paper submission deadline (final version)|
|29 August||16th International Docomomo Conference Opening reception|
|30 August to 1 September||16th International Docomomo Conference|
|2 September||International symposium and closing ceremony|
＊The schedule has been changed for convenience.
＊About Student Workshop, detail will be announced in early December 2020.