The Docomomo ISC/Interior Design conference
Modernist Women Interior Designers and Artists: Deepening the Reading of Different Expressions of Female Creativity aims to shed light on the multifaceted and diverse creativity of women within the Modern Movement.
Taking place on 7-8 March 2024 in Lisboa and Cascais, the Conference welcomes papers on a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:
- The architectural and interior design work of modern women designers and artists.
- The role of women in the Modern Movement interior design production.Innovations in material and technology by woman designers.
- Explorations of how female creativity intersected with politics, society, and culture during the Modern Movement.
- The influence of socio-political factors on the work and recognition of modern women designers and artists.
- The intersection of gender, modernism, and artistic expression.
- The influence of modern women designers and artists on contemporary design and art.
- The Call for 500-word abstracts closes on January 8, 2024. More information here and here.