DOCOMOMO’s main goals were brought together in the Eindhoven Statement which was issued at the conclusion of the founding conference in 1990:
- Bring the significance of the Modern Movement to the attention of the public, the authorities, the professions and the educational community concerned with the built environment.
- Identify and promote the recording of the works of the Modern Movement which will include a register, drawings, photographs, archives and other documents
- Foster the development of appropriate techniques and methods of conservation and disseminate knowledge of these throughout the professions.
- Oppose destruction and disfigurement of significant works.
- Identify and attract funding for documentation and conservation.
- Explore and develop knowledge of the Modern Movement